LYNN & TIM

LYNN & TIM
BEFORE the first floor REMODEL

Friday, January 8, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 !!!!!

Thank you to all whose prayers have kept my miracle of life continuing into 2010. My family, friends, neighbors, community, Christian women’s group, prayer chains too numerous to recall have been in daily prayers of which I am the recipient. I often receive letters and emails from people who know some of you...but whom I have never met...wishing me well and offering prayers and hope.

God has blessed me once more and allowed me to continue this great gift of life for a while longer. My 4 weeks of radiation targeting three tumors has been successful in shrinking them on my last set of scans. There is no new evidence of cancer returning to my liver and my brain remains free of cancer to this day (although some question this). I am STABLE and will not have to undergo more chemo for at least 8 weeks. My FIRST treatment free period in a year! I will be scanned again in March for further evaluation, and no matter what occurs then, I have planned a trip to Mexico with our Producer’s group from work and a trip to Florida to visit my mom and whatever else I can fit in!! Party time is relative, limited by my continuing daily fatigue.

I continue to pray daily for all of you and your challenges in life and hope you are the recipient, as I have been, of strength to continue down our respective paths. All roads lead to heaven which has its own comfort amidst the speed bumps and potholes slowing our journey. I continue to fully enjoy each day on earth and hope our paths cross often.

I stay warm each day with my prayer shawls and hand knit items.

I had a surprise fireworks display put on my exclusive enjoyment at our lake house on New Year’s Eve to ring in this glorious New Year! Thank you Ertz’s and Machi’s. It was a glorious display.
CHEERS TO YOU UNTIL I WRITE AGAIN IN MARCH!

5 comments:

  1. Mrs. Steinle,

    Congrats on your first treatment free period of the year! I think of you and the Steinle family often and am happy to have reunited with Dan this past month...you've raised an brilliant and talented young man.

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you the best for 2010!
    Much love and prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was GREAT to see you picture. I noted the Irish chair. Thanks for the message of hope and courage, we all need to appreciate the gifts God gives us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lynn - So glad that your life has continued to be as full as it can be. Your spirit is a shining light for us all. Sure hope to see you next week.
    With love and prayers,
    Lynn Ihlenfeld

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lynn, You are in our thoughts and prayers often. We saw Tim at church Ash Wednesday evening but did not say hello because he was talking to a group of people. Spring and Easter will be here soon and a time for renewed blessings. Love, Michael and Karan Scherbel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn! Sending positive thoughts and love and blessings your way :) I talked to Ellen (she and Bruce were my agents) and heard she's coming back to Milwaukee, how cool! I think a girls lunch/dinner is in order :) Take care, xo Love, Kelly Brzenk-Smith

    ReplyDelete